The EU Sprint Gang hereby invites you to participate in the four European Sprint Contests held in 2014
Entrants: any licensed station may enter the Sprint. European stations can work everybody; stations outside of Europe can work only European stations.
Categories: Single Operator ONLY. Only ONE signal may be aired at one time. Low Power entries (up to 100W) will be indicated by an asterisk (*) in the listing.
EU Sprint Spring
- CW: second Saturday in April - Saturday, 12 April, 2014 - managed by G4BUO
- SSB: third Saturday in April - Saturday, 19 April, 2014 - managed by 9A6XX
EU Sprint Autumn
- SSB: first Saturday in October - Monday, 6 October, 2014 - managed by G4BUO
- CW: second Saturday in October - Monday, 13 October, 2014 - managed by OK2FD
Times: 1600 until 1959 UTC
Bands: 20, 40 and 80 metres only. Pilot frequencies are: SSB: 14.250, 7.050, 3.730. CW: 14.040, 7.025, 3.550.
all of the following data MUST BE PART OF THE EXCHANGE:
- Your Callsign
- The Other Station's Callsign
- Your serial number starting from 001 (RST not required)
- Your name or nickname.
Special QSY Rule: if any station initiates a call (by sending CQ, QRZ?, etc.), he is permitted to work ONLY one station on the same frequency. He must thereafter move AT LEAST 2 (two) kHz before he may call another station or before he may solicit again (CQ, QRZ?, etc.) other calls.
Valid Contacts: valid contacts are QSOs correctly logged and confirmed. Each operator may use ONE and ONLY one name during the Sprint. If the exchange is copied incorrectly, that operator will receive zero (0) points. In case of miscopied callsigns, both stations will receive zero (0) points for that QSO.
Scoring: each valid QSO counts one 1 (one) point. The final score is the total number of QSOs.
Awards: Colorful certificates will be issued to the winners of each Sprint, and to the leaders in each country. A special plaque will also be awarded for the top three scores from all four contests combined. To be eligible for this award an operator must enter at least three of the Sprints in the year. Results will be forwarded as soon as possible to Leagues, magazines and bulletins.
Logs: a single chronological log is required. The preferred format for this is Cabrillo, via email wherever possible - this speeds up the checking process and means the results are available sooner! Use any of the available software, or if you are unable, send a plain ASCII file - see the Software section of our webpage for the list of the programs that support Eu Sprint. Remember to indicate if you used Low Power (up to 100W). If you want the latest release of the DL2NBU software, you can download it from the EU Sprint web site: http://www.eusprint.com/
Log files must be sent NO LATER than 15 days after the contest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The receipt of your electronic log will be confirmed. If you do not receive a confirmation within few hours, try again or use the postal system. Disk logs, or paper entries must be posted NO LATER than 15 days after the contest to the appropriate address:
- EU Sprint Spring CW: Dave Lawley, G4BUO, Carramore, Coldharbour Road, Penshurst, Kent, TN11 8EX, England, UK.
- EU Sprint Spring SSB: Hrvoje Horvat, 9A6XX, 25 Rujan 4, HR-52000 Pazin, Croatia.
- EU Sprint Autumn SSB: Dave Lawley, G4BUO, Carramore, Coldharbour Road, Penshurst, Kent, TN11 8EX, England, UK.
- EU Sprint Autumn CW: Karel Karmasin, OK2FD, Gen. Svobody 636, 674 01 Trebic, Czech Republic.
Thanks in advance for your participation de: G4BUO, 9A6XX & OK2FD.
If you are able to translate this page into a language that we don't support at the moment, or notice any inaccuracies in the translations, please Contact the webmaster
This page was generated on the 24th Jul 2014, at 22:46:12 UTC in 0.00520 seconds